Saturday 1 October 2016

Charity events!

It's been a weekend of generosity. It's always lovely to share good, uplifting news!

On Friday night my 2nd cousin Suzie and her family organised a quiz night and a head shave. They raised an amazing £315 (and counting) for the CF Trust and a brilliant £145 for the CF Unit at Frimley Park. Suzie's husband Matt donated 6 plaits for The Little Princess Trust too! A truly giving evening, thank you!


Matt before




Matt and Suzie

Today, with the help of my wonderful family and friends, we managed to pull off the charity auction. I wasn't well enough to attend, but me and Alex was there via a Skype link. I had 32 lots generously donated: from pet portraits to weekend breaks. My dad and nana organised cheese and wine for our guests and our church kindly let us use their cafe as our auction room. Derek, our friend and auctioneer did a brilliant job and kept up the momentum and fun. My brother Tim whipped round collecting moneys and my cousin Ashley kept check on what sold for how much. My dad and I had done a presentation to go along side the auction, to advertise the lots and to give some information about the CF@FP charity. 

It was great to watch via Skype and we had a good turn out of friends, family and the congregation of our church. My uncle Ian's arm must have been aching by the end of it, having to hold up the iPad for an hour! 

We raised an incredible £1435, not including gift aid, for the CF Unit; I'm so humbled by the generosity. The auction has been a focus for me for the last 3 weeks and has helped me escape CF and the hospital. I can't thank everyone enough for helping me do this, I literally couldn't have done it without you! I want to come and give everyone a big hug, kiss and take them out for dinner as a thank you; may take me a while haha. 

Timmy

Cheese!


The presentation

Derek our auctioneer



Until next time! xo



2 comments:

  1. Hey wow!! Glad to know about your contribution. You really did a great charity by shaving off your head. Recently I also attended one charity event at one of local event venue. It was organized by one blind trust. I donated a sum of money for them. And felt quite happy by helping them.

    ReplyDelete