Sunday 26 May 2013

A married woman!

Well, it's been 2 weeks since I last blogged, and it's been such an exciting, unforgettable 2 weeks- the best 2 weeks of my life!

My wedding to Alex was definitely the best day of my life! I woke up at like 5.30am so excited, like a child at Christmas. I was at my mum's and there was a house full: me, mum, dad, brother, sister, 7 bridesmaids, al's mum, aunties, uncles, cousins, make up artists, photographer, hair stylist, florists... thankfully it wasn't stressful though and we could all enjoy the morning together :)




Then as we were getting into the cars to leave for the church, it started pouring with rain! However, the rain made some great photos of all the family helping to keep me and the bridesmaids dry, all giggling away! :)



The service was lovely, my little mama did some readings and it all went smoothly. The last wedding to be held in Ruxley Church.





Then Alex drove us to our reception at Glenmore House in our car that he'd put tin cans and ribbons and bows on.


We did the photos before the meal. Luckily it had stopped raining so we didn't get all wet.





Then we had a lovely meal and had the speeches.



After that, the evening guests arrived and Alex and I cut the cake and had our first dance, with my cousin Jessie singing it for us- "a thousand years".


Then everyone was dancing and drinking lol :D



On the Monday, Alex and I jetted off to Tenerife for our honeymoon :) We missed our puppy Barney so much! We called him everyday to hear his little bark haha. It was lovely to relax and spend time just me and Al, but we realised that we really are home-birds- we missed our friends and family so much!

My health for the wedding was beyond miraculous! For that one day I honestly felt like I didn't have CF. It was like God let me have a day off to enjoy myself fully and not have to stop every 5 mins to catch my breath or cough. Obviously, I did still cough every now and then, but I felt like I had all the energy in the world and could dance forever. I loved it so much!!!

I've been back from Tenerife for nearly a week now, and for the most part of that time I have been asleep! I'm not sure if it's because I'm ill or if it's just a come down from all the excitement and hard work of organising the wedding. I'm hoping it's the latter! Time will tell...

So what's next?! Back to reality now and sorting out everyday odd jobs. I'm looking forward to all my friends coming back from uni for the summer and have a few dogs booked in to groom :)

Finally...

My dad, his brother and their best friend are game designers in their spare time. They have just designed a new game and are fundraising to produce it. Take a look :) They are nearly at their goal amount! The video tells you about the game- also it's funny watching them trying to act ;)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2061897488/promised-land-1250-587-bc-a-new-game-design

xxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment