Wednesday 14 May 2014

It's back.

I finished my IV course last Thursday and the CF team emailed me to see how I was feeling. I told them I was definitely feeling better, but still not 100%. I had an appointment on Monday, which would tell me if the IVs had done their job. Amazingly I had put on weight- I'm now at 48.1kg! Due to this they decided to skip the dietician with me as things are going in the right direction. My lung function was next, and that had improved too- 65% and 94%- the highest they've been in a long time, such good news.

So I was on a high until the doctor came in. He said that the horrible bug Serratia was found again in my lungs. I couldn't believe it, so devastating.

Then I thought back over how I had been feeling and acting over the last few weeks. I was silly to miss the signs really. I was back to sleeping most of the day and waking up feeling no more refreshed, my cough was no better and I'm not sure if this can be related to an infection, but my horrible horrible nightmares are back. Everything I had all of last year.

The doctors are going to discus what to do about it again. I hope they just tell me to go on Tiger IVs. They work. The only thing is that I have to go into hospital for them, they don't allow you to do these antibiotics at home. But it'll be worth it!

The thing that's made me so upset though is that this is a pretty good indicator that, like pseudomonas, this Serratia is probably going to stay in my lungs forever now. Another bug to constantly battle. I, personally, find Serratia worse though. It completely stops you doing anything and everything you want to do. All I can think about is closing my eyes and sleeping all day and all night. It's so frustrating, I just want to get on with my life! 

... Rant over..!

Everything happens for a reason, so just have to trust that everything will be ok. We'll see what news next week brings. Everything will be ok :)

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment