Thursday 5 April 2012

AMAZING lung function!!!!!!!


On Monday I had the BEST news ever! I had come to the end of my IV course on Meropenum so I went back to the hospital to have a check up, my final flush of my port and the needle taken out. The results I had were out of this world! From last week's 64% and 93% for lung function, they had increased to 83% and 106%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEKKKKKK!!!!!! They haven't been that good in over 3 years! I was completely shocked and so happy because it means that my lungs are still working well and the 20% of lung capacity I thought I'd lost to CF because of scarring, I haven't! Now I've just gotta keep it that good :)

Also, my oxygen levels (measures how much O2 your blood carries due to your breathing) is up to 99%, which again is the highest it's been in years! Andddd I managed to put on 1kg in a week! I've never had such a positive hospital appointment and I just hope I can keep up with these amazing results! :D

This week I've had a fun week thanks to my health being great :) I've been puppy-sitting for my friend, gone out for a mate's birthday and had my cousin's fancy dress 18th birthday. Here's a few pics...

 Me puppy sitting Lola a Jack Russel X Chihuahua

Ashley's movie-themed fancy dress 18th party- I went at Lara Croft

1 comment:

  1. AMAZING news jo!! so happy for you chick keep up the hard work and make the most of good health, your looking so well!! and omg that doggy is sooooooo cute!! i cant decide what dog i want!! too many cute choices all i want is it never to get big, a handbag dog! lol xxx

    ReplyDelete